CareerFit [NCEA Level 2]
Our career fit course is great for students who want to become fit, healthy and more confident while gaining NCEA Level 2.
This course is perfect for those who are looking at an active career such as Police, Military or advance into additional leadership courses.
Much of this course is conducted outside of the classroom either in the gym, playing sport, or training and exercising while enjoying all the great recreational spaces the Bay of Plenty has to offer.
Learn to maintain a positive attitude, leadership skills, and health and safety knowledge.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What do students who have done this course say about it?
- Download Our CareerFit Brochure
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This CareerFit course covers:
- Health and wellbeing
- Coaching skills
- Confidence and personal presentation
- Personal fitness
- Nutrition and human anatomy
- Career planning and goal setting
- NCEA Level 2
What qualification will I get?
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks if you already have NCEA Level 1
- 26 weeks if you don’t have NCEA Level 1 yet
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Mt Maunganui, Rotorua and Whakatane branches
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
What do students who have done this course say about it?
- “It’s a lot more hands-on than school. The Tutors Nikki and Jock are Really good an super helpful. I’ve learned a lot about muscles bones nutrition and new techniques for exercising.” – Talia Sutherland
- “I felt really welcomed as soon as I started. I’m going into work when I finish the course and the course has helped me prepare and increased my fitness and stamina. I want to keep the gym programs going outside of the course.” – Jamie Rolls
- “It’s been really productive and entertaining. I’ve met lots of great new people. The Tutors have been really positive and I want to keep my workout routine going after I finish.” – Lachlan McGinness
- “It’s been good being around so many positive people. I’m joining a Gym to keep going in this direction. I am planning to carry on into a level 4 fitness course and hopefully become a personal trainer.” – Kassi Glanville Rolleston