Workplace Skills [NZ Cert Level 2]
Workplace Skills is intended for those who are interested in business administration but wish to gain more skills in to confidently succeed in this area.
The course covers I.T. skills, working as a team, and problem-solving.
Students will learn to produce electronic documents, operate various programs and applications used in most workplaces such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Adobe Photoshop to complete assessments and gain valuable admin skills.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What do students who have done this course say about it?
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This workplace skills course covers:
- Data Entry
- Word Processing
- Report Writing
- NZ Cert Level 2
What qualification will I get?
- Graduates will receive “NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills Level 2”
- Level 2 credits achieved in this programme will go towards your NCEA Level 2
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Tauranga branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
You must have achieved NCEA Level 1 or above to be eligible for this course
What do students who have done this course say about it?
“It’s been a really good experience, there was a lot of support. My tutor was the best thing about the course and I’ve learned more about how businesses work. Now going in to IT level 5 [with EmployNZ]” – Kairus Richter
“It’s a really good classroom environment. I’ve passed NCEA level 2 and learned a lot about computing. Now I am going to Toi Ohomai to enquire about their Tourism courses” – Q’tana Sharma
“My favorite part has been the Tutor and how helpful she is. This course has been a lot of fun. I’ve learned compute skills and how to work on my own” – Dustin Nell
“I’ve learned a lot of computer skills. I’m going to work in retail and then I want to study business management. My favorite part has been the Tutor and all the new mates” – Ben Hamill
“We learned word processing/editing skills, how to create presentations, and team building. The tutor has been really helpful” – Cade Booth