Early Childhood Education [NZ Cert Level 2]
This Tauranga-based course aims to develop your care-giving skills for young children.
The outcome is the NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education level 2, and a pathway to employment or higher education.
You will learn caregiving skills, communication, feeding and sleeping routines, and how to be supportive in the development of young children.
You will learn how to create suitable environments for infants and about support services and networks.
This is a great course if you love interacting with young children and want to begin a career in ECE.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- Download our Early Childhood Flyer
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This early childhood education course covers:
- Caregiving skills
- NZ Certificate in ECE L2
- Development and learning
- Health & safety and well being
- Positive relationships with children
- Become aware of support systems and networks
- Introductory Te Reo and Tikanga Maori
What qualification will I get?
- Graduates will receive “NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education Level 2”
- Level 2 credits achieved in this programme will go towards your NCEA Level 2
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 15 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Tauranga branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
No, sorry, it is only available in person at the branch listed above
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
- You must have achieved NCEA Level 1 or above to be eligible for this course
- Applicants must be capable of passing a police vetting check