Youth Service Works For You
We work in the local community to provide a wrap around service for young people. We help with planning for your future so you can get where you want to be. If you are 16-17 years old and need help with education, training and employment, Youth Service may be able to help you.
If you are 15 years old and are having trouble at school or are not attending school, talk to us.
Making the right decisions now about your future can help you get further, faster.
On this page
Youth Payment is a payment to young people aged 16 or 17 who do not have dependent children, and are in need of financial assistance.
Young Parent Payment
Young Parent Payment is a weekly payment for 16 to 19 year old parents who have a dependent child or children, and are in need of financial assistance.
NEET – not in education, employment or training
Mentoring and support is available if you are 15 – 17 year old and need help with planning for your next step. You will be assigned a youth coach who will help you develop a plan, and find the best training or employment options for you.
To learn more about what Youth Services does, go to www.youthservice.govt.nz
Ways we can help
- Talk about where you are now and where you want to be
- Figure out what might be stopping you succeeding at school, in training or in work-based learning
- Help you get back to school or training courses to achieve NCEA credits
- Put together an individualized action plan that will help you reach your goals
- Link you to appropriate service; health, education, etc
- Support you in school and training
- Check your achievements
- Help you if you get off-track
- Build a CV, job searching
- Be your coach or go-to person