Building and Construction [NCEA Level 2]
Do you love working with wood, building and using tools?
If your goal is to become a building apprentice, or to work in the building and construction industry, this is the course for you.
You will gain NCEA while getting an introduction to the thriving building and construction industry with practical hands-on learning.
You’ll get an introduction to power tools, safe working practices, completing small building projects and getting used to a workshop environment.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- Download our Building and Construction Flyer
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This Building and Construction course covers
- Essential building Skills
- Using hand and power tools
- Basic building and construction skills
- Safe working practices
- Planning and quantity surveying
- An introduction to the building and construction industry
- NCEA L2
What qualification will I get?
Graduates will gain “NCEA Level 2, Vocational Pathway – Construction”
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Mount Maunganui branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
You must have achieved NCEA Level 1 or above to be eligible for this course