Auto Trades [NCEA Level 2]
Would you like to learn more about vehicle servicing and small engines?
Our Auto Trades course is a great way to gain NCEA Level 2 while getting an introduction to the auto industry and starting on an in-demand career pathway.
You will gain real-world skills in an automotive workshop environment, with practical hands-on learning. Work on a range of vehicles, outdoor powered machinery and Go Karts.
The course covers preventive maintenance, using tools and workshop equipment, servicing and repair, safe working practice and learning all the key parts of a vehicle or small motor.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What do students who have done this course say about it?
- Download our Auto Trades Flyer
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This automotive course covers:
- An introduction to the auto industry
- Preventive maintenance
- Using tools and workshop equipment
- Performing auto servicing tasks
- Safe working practices
- Understand all the key parts of a vehicle
- NCEA L2
What qualification will I get?
Graduates will receive “NCEA Level 2, Vocational Pathway – Automotive”.
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Mount Maunganui branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
You must have achieved NCEA Level 1 or above to be eligible for this course