Workplace Communication Training
Fully GOVT funded workplace training. A well trained workforce is a more productive workforce! Workplace training provided in the Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Auckland. NZQA Category 1 Education Provider
Workplace literacy is a specific set of skills employees need to complete their task effectively at work every day. Training can also include English Language classes, ideal for new employees who have English as a second language.
With workplace communication training your team will be able to;
- Communicate and problem solve effectively
- Understand written and verbal instruction
- Complete paperwork correctly and on time
- Understand health & safety requirements
- Manage their time and work efficiently
- Contribute and speak up confidently
- Have excellent customer service
- Put their hand up for leadership positions
Customised to your workplace and fully measureable.
The programme is 100% tailored to your business needs and is designed to be fully measurable.
Data is reported back to you (and TEC) on a regular basis – the programme goals, measurement and milestones are agreed with you and TEC before the the start.
TEC pays you and you pay us as milestones are reached.
Getting the basics right is important, if you have employees who have an issue with understanding the English language, reading, writing or maths it may result in mistakes, missed deadlines, wastage and complaints = extra costs to your business.
We cover the topics that are important to your workplace, examples may include;
- English Language
- Communication and verbal skills
- Reading & writing skills
- Measurement & working with numbers
- Working as a team
- Using digital technologies
- Paperwork and filling out forms
- Health & safety skills
- Understanding NZ culture
- Leadership skills
How it Works; Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Fund
Funding is available from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) to improve workplace literacy and communication.
- First we work with you to understand the needs in your workplace and to define the skills gap you want to improve.
- We present a proposal to you showing how we will address and improve the skills gap identified.
- We organise onsite tutoring in the workplace at a time and schedule that suits.
- We present regular reports to you which monitor progress and improvements
A massive problem in workplaces throughout New Zealand
42% of New Zealanders between age 16 to 65 do not have the level of literacy or numeracy they need to perform their jobs well.
The Survey of Adult Skills (PIAAC) – OECD 2016
Illiteracy costs the NZ economy well over NZ$4 billion a year. World Literacy Foundation:
The Economic and Social Cost of Illiteracy 2015
Mistakes and errors, low morale and frequent absenteeism are all associated with poor literacy and numeracy.
Positivity and motivation – workplaces report that staff are more positive, motivated and productive.
Healthier, safer workplaces – workplaces linked better health and safety to their worker’s literacy and basic skills training.
Better business output – workplaces reported a positive impact on the quality of business output. Confident, motivated workers care about the job they do.
Contact us to discuss your requirements
0800 002 159 – email@example.com – 027 652 1445