Literacy and Numeracy Training
Free* for NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents. Eligibility criteria applies.
Literacy and numeracy is a specific set of life skills that support individuals to complete tasks effectively in work and home life every day.
Our Intensive Literacy & Numeracy (ILN) training focuses on workplace communication and the development of skills to participate in further training.
Getting the basics right is important. We design an individualised learning plan unique to your needs. Skills and knowledge you may learn;
- Communication, and verbal skills
- Reading & writing skills
- Working with numbers & measurements
- Working as part of a team
- Using digital technology
- Paperwork and filling out forms
- Understand your Health & Safety requirements
- Understand workplace culture
- Effective problem solving
- Managing your time and committments
- Contributing and speaking up confidently
- How to provide excellent customer service
- Making choices and building self confidence
- Setting further education and training goals
- Planning your next steps
What else you need to know:
- Our programmes utilise everyday & relevant learning activities that support your goals whether that be further study, employment or helping family members reach their potential.
- You will have the opportunity to learn in a small class within a safe and respectful environment. (Important for those entering this particular group)
- We are raising the capabilities of those who want to brush up on their literacy and numeracy before re-entering the workforce.
- We work with employers who are supporting their employees through apprenticeships and study to enhance career development.
- Each student has an individual plan developed in partnership with our tutor to guide and support you to achieve your milestones and reach your goals.
Q: “Am I eligible?”
Check the eligibility criteria at TEC.govt.nz.
For specific training for those who have English as a Second Language, see our ESOL service.
Contact us to discuss your requirements
0800 002 159