Cafe Skills [NZ Cert Level 3]
Our Level 3 Café Skills is a continuation of our hospitality program. Students will gain a deeper understanding of barista skills and food and beverage handling.
Café Skills level 3 covers more about the products the students are working with and further improve on customer service skills.
More emphasis is placed on work experience at Level 3 so here students will learn real-world skills and gain hands-on experience while learning.
This is a great way to start networking in the industry and become more employable. Graduates achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Café Skills Level 3.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What do students who have done this course say about it?
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This Cafe Skills course covers:
- Barista skills
- Customer service
- Coffee knowledge
- Work experience
- Food and beverage handling
- NZ Certificate in Café Skills – Level 3
What qualification will I get?
Graduates will receive the “New Zealand Certificate in Café Skills – Level 3”
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Tauranga branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
You must have achieved a Level 2 Hospitality qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge
What do students who have done this course say about it?
- “I’ve Enjoyed my studies at EmployNZ. My Tutors were very positive and helpful and made the experience fun” – Carmel, Tauranga