Early Childhood Education [NZ Cert Level 3]
This program is intended for people who want to participate in the education and care of infants, toddlers, and young children in an entry level career role.
The program is aimed at people who want to progress into a career or further study in Early Childhood Education and gain the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education L3.
Here students will continue learning to nurture the development and learning of young children.
This is a great way to learn practical hands-on skills as some of the assessments are carried out in work placements.
ECE is an in-demand qualification and a highly rewarding career.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- Download our Early Childhood Flyer
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This Early Childhood Education course covers:
- Child development
- Care for infants and young children
- Health, safety, and well-being
- Positive relationships with children
- Real-world skills
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education – Level 3
What qualification will I get?
Graduates will receive the “NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education – Level 3”
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
- Domestic Student Fees
- Tuition fees: $2899.00
- Course Costs: $350
- You may be eligible for Fees Free Study – check with the enrolment team
- Studylink approved – we can help you apply
- This course is offered only to NZ citizens or permanent residents
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Tauranga branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
- You must have achieved the Early Childhood Education NCEA Level 2 qualification and accumulated sufficient work experience in the sector
- Applicants must be capable of passing a police vetting check