Hospitality Skills [NCEA Level 2]
Our Hospitality course is designed to give students the practical skills to work in the hospitality, retail or tourism industries While gaining NCEA Level 2.
Students learn all the customer service, barista and food and beverage skills to prepare you for a front of house role.
This program will start students on track towards a range of career pathways.
This is a great way to learn real-world skills such as food and beverage handling, customer service and personal presentation.
We have full kitchen/Espresso facilities on-site so much of the learning is hands-on.
On this page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn?
- What qualification will I get?
- What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- What are the costs?
- What is the location for this course?
- Is this course available via distance learning?
- Is this course available to international students?
- Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
- Are there any prerequisites?
- What do students who have done this course say about it?
- Download Our Hospitality Flyer
- Enquire Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
This hospitality course covers:
- Health and safety skills
- Barista skills
- Customer service and cash handling
- Food and beverage handling
- Industry work experience
What qualification will I get?
- Graduates will receive “NCEA Level 2, Vocational Pathway – Hospitality”
- Already have NCEA? then you will receive the “New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality Level 2” (40 credits)
What is the start date, timetable and course duration?
- Start dates:
- You can start any time
- 8:30am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- Course duration:
- 20 weeks
What are the costs?
This course is free if you meet the eligibility criteria
What is the location for this course?
This course is available in-person from our Tauranga branch
Is this course available via distance learning?
No, sorry, it is only available in person at the branch listed above
Is this course available to international students?
Is this course best suited to students of a certain age?
Are there any prerequisites?
What do students who have done this course say about it?
- “EmployNZ has been the only place that I have learnt things and used them in everyday life, everyone is welcoming and Dave & Kaylah are the best tutors” – Caitlin Shearer, Tauranga
- “The thing that i have enjoyed the most is the work experience which was arranged, the course has been a good experience and has given me a great qualification” – Allizai Silby, Tauranga
- “This has been a really good experience for me as not only do you learn a lot life skills that help you in the real world but you get exposed to everything involved with hospitality along with learning a lot of barista skills. I would 100% recommend this to anybody who is interested in hospitality and would like to get further knowledge in this subject! Best decision I have ever made taking this course.” – Jaz Zajonskowski, Tauranga